Sunday, January 13, 2008

Fun with chainsaws!

Growing up, "doing wood" (i.e. cutting and stacking firewood) wasn't exactly my favorite chore, and when I went to college, I figured my days with a splitting maul were pretty much at an end. Since then, though, I've discovered that absence really does make the heart grow fonder, at least when I comes to this chore. I actually enjoy the process now; there's something immensely satisfying in cutting and storing wood for the winter.

I'm sure a big part of this new found excitement is the tools are a lot more fun for a grown-up. For instance, using a chainsaw makes the whole process a lot more exciting. The pictures below are of a tree that fell on an electric fence in the Land of Giant Spoons that Steph and I cleared up. I had a blast chopping up even this relatively small tree!

No comments: