Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Another sketch


I've slowly been re-growing my brain following my defense, which means I can actually think of things to post about!

I wanted to share the cartoon I did as a closing slide for my thesis presentation...it makes more sense if you're familiar with American campfire stories (i.e. the hook-handed hitchhiker) and the fact that for my research I've collected blood (via snips with scissors) from untold hordes of gypsy moth caterpillars. I particularly liked the expression of the two poor little bugs in the foreground.

This picture was a cool experiment for me too-I did a very rough sketch, scanned it in, and then went over it using Adobe Illustrator to clean up the lines. The background was completely created in Illustrator. It's been a lot of fun learning to use that program better, though good color skills are still eluding me...oh well, something to work on!

No comments: