Thursday, March 17, 2011

Signs of spring

Robins, spring peepers, flowering daffodils, warm weather, etc. - spring has well and truly arrived. We spent the whole afternoon in a t-shirt painting our furniture orange, yellow and green.

Really. It's awesome.

Last weekend, I started seeds for our garden:


Look at all those little baby plants!
Oh wait, now you can see them.
Here's another closeup.

I also repotted my plants. This would be boring if it weren't for this philodendron- which is taking over the world.
There was no dirt in this pot. This is all it. Only roots. It's like a crazy X-files plant that will eat our brains in our sleep.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It was 60 this morning! 60! but now it is 50, and dropping. The crocuses JUST fought their way out of the mulch. So, I am jealous--- JEALOUS--- of your plant growing. You'll have vegetables before I plant mine I have a feeling!!

Steph said...

We might! It was 82 yesterday :-D I haven't seen crocuses here at all- the daffodils are in bloom, but no one seems to have crocuses. Maybe they're not a Virginia thing? I miss them.