Sunday, March 4, 2012

Post-interview joy

I keep saying that I can't wait till I have a full-time job so I can stop working so much. Spending inordinate amounts of time working on job applications and maintaining three totally different projects takes a lot of time that's unfortunately not relegated to normal working hours...

I had my interview for a position I really want this week. It seemed to go pretty well. I hope it did. But being done with the interview means that I didn't have to work on job talks or applications... and I took a break from catch-up for everything else.

Instead we:

Made molasses-oat bread
Made blueberry jam
Planted all the daffodil and tulip bulbs we bought after we moved into this house
Went thrift-store hopping to look for furniture and scored a great coffee table
Went to Shasta's favorite place (twice) (the dog park - i.e. the Happiest Place on Earth)
Explored the international food store (again)
Found (and purchased) an awesome arm chair and ottoman
Redecorated the living room (now it looks like it belongs to people who aren't college students! and displaced Shasta's (formerly my) chair to the bedroom, where no one can see it except us)
Made pea soup (this took forever)
Made muffins (twice) (date-lemon-walnut and raisin-lemon-walnut)
Raked the yard
Moved the shed
Went to the farmer's market and got caught up on the pluses and minuses of growing different types of greens (you can get 5+ harvests off of Toy and a different kind of bok choy)
Fixed our plumbing woes (OK, Jim did that all on his own)
Read two novels (Steph) and most of one (Jim)

And even slept in.

Before (the blue is, obviously, painters tape. The splotchiness on the walls was the previous owners' deliberate choice):

This is a terrible picture of Jim. Never mind that, and just admire the grossness of the walls.


After:

Better!

No comments: