Saturday, March 26, 2016

Hail to the King, Baby!

Today was another epic day of puttering-my kingship is definitely secure.

It started far too early this morning with a kitten wake-up call, but at least that translated into motivation to do things on this beautiful day!


First up was loading up all the old pipe from my plumbing project a few weeks ago...


In the process of doing that, I got inspired to fix the way our garden hose hangs under our porch...


Then after a quick run to the dump to drop off the pipe, it was off to the car wash for a long overdue cleaning for Sharkey the Honda.
Before:

After:


Add in a trip to the Library to drop off books, a trip to the Farmer's Market, and a stop at the SPCA to drop off some extra cat food, and it was an epic morning of erranding.

Also, in wandering around cleaning up the pipe, I noticed that our fence behind our garage was in pretty bad shape, so after swinging by Lowes (oh how I've missed you-it's been two days since last I was in your hallowed halls) the afternoon was spent making a new fence and cleaning up the garage.
The old fence:

Midway through:

The new fence:


While I was at it, I also changed the air filters in Sharkey-5 minutes that saved me $50 from the garage (they definitely needed it!  The in-cabin filter actually had leaves in it!)


So after a quick shower and some dinner is was time to paint the trim (the original plan for today, but when the puttering bug calls, it's hard not to answer)


I consider this day well seized again!


No comments: