Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Radiator Covers Complete!

As I mentioned earlier, part of the saga of painting the trim has been noticing things that are different around the house but have really been in the background, unnoticed, until I go ahead and fix something and then they stand out.  A great example would be our radiator covers.  They're a great feature of the house (and I believe many of them are original based on the wood), but our dining room radiator didn't have one.  So since I was taking the other ones off to paint them, I thought why not build one for it.

It wasn't a bad project to execute (hardest part was having to wait for the wood glue to dry before painting), but the results are well worth it!

Before:


After!


As in the way of these projects to create new projects,I've also started making wooden platforms for our potted plants, since even though we used saucers we were still getting some water damage on the surfaces.  These are another really satisfying project since they're super simple and make such a big difference in appearance and function.

No comments: